Life is good. We really have been enjoying life lately even though I haven't blogged anything too exciting for awhile. I kept waiting for some big event that I felt was blog worthy, but if I'm waiting for our next vacation, then I may never blog again. :)

First update-for Valentine's Day, I took Josh to a play called Cash on Delivery. I was in the play when I was in high school, so when it was playing at Hale Center Theater in Salt Lake, I thought it would be fun, and I went to enough of Josh's football games, that I figured he owed me at least as much. We went to a matinee with my parents and sister and brother-in-law. The play was really good, and it brought back a lot of good memories, but also made me realize how bad my memory is, because even in a play that I rehearsed how many times, and had to memorize lines with people that I went to school with for 3+ years, I couldn't remember almost anything. Seeing it jarred my memory a little, but wow. Most people can write losing their mind off to pregnancy or old age, but I have neither excuse yet. Anyway, the play was good, and even Josh admitted that he liked it. After that, we went to eat and Winger's because we didn't have reservations anywhere, and there surprisingly wasn't much of a wait at Winger's. Then we went home, made cheesecake, and just basically relaxed which is what we both wanted to do for Valentine's Day.
Second update- A few weeks ago, the long awaited day finally came... This was a day that Josh and I have looked forward to since we got married, and the longer we waited, the more excited we got, and the more we anticipated its arrival. Josh and I have been married for almost three years, and we have never, ever, ever done our laundry in the comfort of our own home. And boy, are we deserving now.

We bought a washer and dryer on black Friday-in November. We were signing our names onto a waiting list, and asked the salesman when we should expect them to come in. He said, "Probably December." Josh and I both hesitated, thinking whether we would be able to wait that long. But decided it was worth. Then when we were at the register, and the same salesman was ringing up our purchase, he leaned over to the guy behind him, and asked, "When are the dryers supposed to be coming in?" That guy said, "Probably February." Josh and I left the store that minute, because we were hesitating waiting until December. And, we thought when we asked originally that "December" meant for both the washer and dryer-a package deal. Honestly, who wants the one without the other? So we home without purchasing a washer and dryer, Josh went to work, and I went back to sleep. (Remember this was black Friday.) Josh called me several times during my nap debating whether we should get them or not, and finally, he made me drive back into Logan, and pay for a washer and dryer that we wouldn't even see until well into the new year. I was frustrated to say the least. You do not want to mess with me when I am short on sleep. So we waited patiently for our purchase to arrive, until about February. Then when we called into the store, they started saying that they may not come in until March! Eh, what's a few more months when you've been waiting years. Luckily, they called and said that an extra set had come in, and since we had been so persistant, they asked if we wanted to come them. We arranged to pick them up, and when we got them home, and Josh started setting them up, he found that the dryer hadn't come with a chord. We knew they were cheap, but seriously, it didn't even come with a plug? We called the store, and found out that that's normal, because there a different chords and different outlets. Silly us! We've never had a dryer before. So after all the waiting, we have been loving doing laundry whenever we want. We're still working out a few kinks. At first, the faucets were leaking like mad, but I think Josh has got that fixed, and when we have the washer on high spin it sounds like a jet engine is about to take off in our apartment, so we put our food storage on top of it, and that's been working well. Oh, the many uses of food storage. So, after all that, I can say, it has been well worth it!

Last update-A couple weeks ago, I got together with some of my friends from high school, which I was SO excited about because I am not very good about staying in touch with people, so even the people that I thought I couldn't live a day without for so many years of my life, I haven't talked to in years. Isn't it crazy how that happens. We always say that we'll stay in touch, but we let life get in the way. It was so fun to catch up with what everyone has been doing, and so great to see how happy everyone is with their lives. Amanda and Dana are on the left, and I've been friends with them since elementary school, and Amy is on the right, and we've been friends since Jr. High. We promised that we'll get together again in like six months rather than six years this time. I love you all!
Other than that, we've pretty much just been living the dream. We work everyday, watch The Office and Biggest Loser, then party all weekend-you know, the usual. Hopefully next blog will be super exciting to make up for all the months that it hasn't been!
3 comments:
Really cute picture at the top! I think it's funny (and completely understandable) that you were so excited to do laundry. Congratulations though! Isn't it good to know that other people are STILL waiting?
Don't you love your washer and dryer? They look beautiful by the way! I'm happy you finally got them, and got them home (no thanks to us, right?).
YAY for a washer and dryer! I cant believe you have gone this long without them!
Post a Comment