Friday, March 13, 2009

Weekend Trip

Since we've been feeling the winter blues for quite awhile, Josh and I decided to take a short trip to Vegas. We went to a time share presentation about a year ago, and going to Vegas was part of our reward. I have to say, I really hate time share presentations. Josh thinks they are great, but I hate them. However, I have to say that we made out pretty well this time. We figured that if we hadn't gone shopping, we would have actually made money on the trip! They sent us a check in the mail awhile ago which was more than enough to pay for gas, our hotel was free, and they gave us $150 vouchers for food. If we had had more time, we could've gotten free show tickets too. So, it's always fun to travel for free. Like I said, the trip was very short. We got there about midday on Monday, and left Wednesday morning, but it was nice to get out of the cold for awhile. I thought that our hotel was pretty nice, (especially because it was free.) It's a pretty new hotel that's about 3 miles south of the strip called South Point.
One of the things I was looking forward to the most about the trip was swimming. Sadly, it was warm outside, but not warm enough to heat the pool, so we swam a little in the warm pool on Monday, but this giant pool was freezing cold, and I couldn't talk Josh into trying it out with me.
Like I said, we ate a lot of free food. I told Josh that (sad as it is) this is probably one of the nicest restaurants we've eaten in (it was one of the cheapest we could find in Ex Calibur. It's called Diego, and it's a Mexican restaurant. Josh liked the food, I liked the decor!

Of course, a must, the conservatory in the Bellagio. The flowers were so pretty and I came back with some serious spring fever! (I wore flip flops to work today even though it was like 17 degrees outside!)
We ate at a buffet on Tuesday, that was nicer than the average buffet. By that time, Josh was too stuffed to enjoy too much of the food, but how can you be upset with a buffet that has cotton candy as a desert option!
Besides eating, shopping, and walking around on the strip, we actually did a little bit of gambling (gasp!) but not to worry, we only did because we got vouchers to play some slot machines. At Casino Royale they gave us a hundred dollar voucher, but said that we could only cash it out if we won $4000. We got to $3700 and finally got sick of waiting for the money to disappear. Of course, there was a man sitting next to us who was happy to take our spot. I told Josh that I was more worried that we might win and I would feel guilty spending the money on anything because it's dirty money. Josh said he would have been fine, and put it toward the jeep :). Anyway, it was a good trip, good to get out the cold for a little while and now I am definitely ready for spring!

4 comments:

The Green Family said...

how fun for you! it made me miss vegas.

Todd Family said...

it looks like you guys may be coming to visit us in cali! :) it was about 80 yesterday! :)

Kym said...

Sounds like it was a fun get away! It was fun to see you guys a while ago and chat. Go AGGIES!!

Bethany said...

That buffet sounds awesome!