Thursday, January 5, 2017

Gingerbread Houses

The weekend after Thanksgiving, Josh's work rented out a theater, and we went to see Star Wars with Josh's sister and her husband. Then, the next day, my mom's work rented out a theater and my entire family went to see Moana.
 I thought the movie was really cute. And here are Meili and Ruby driving home with Grandma.
 Such divas! Then, in keeping with tradition, we did gingerbread houses at my parents' house.

 This year, since my parents' house is under renovations, my mom took us up on the offer to bring our own gingerbread houses-hence, Grant's house looks pretty sad. I thought I was only going to make one house, but Meili made her own house plans for her house, so I didn't have enough dough, so the cut the sides shorter and rolled them really thin (hence the burn), and didn't think about the fact that the roof would also need to be shorter. Anyway, his house struggled, but he didn't mind one bit!
 And I got to hear for the entire month of December, "Mom... Mom... Mom... Bremember.... Bremember how you said we could eat one treat off our ginger house every day? Bremember? Well... let's do that."









 And, here's Meili with her house. She did a fabulous job with her house plans. Of course, I should have known that she would want to create her own.

And that's Grant's house close up. He pretty much only wanted to use the lego treats.

No comments: