Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Christmas Lights

The weekend before Christmas, after a month of trying, I convinced Josh and my parents to take our kids on the train and to Ogden to see Christmas Lights. My mom was packed with things to do (as most are a couple days before Christmas), so she kept going back and forth trying to decide if she should go or not. She finally said, "Christmas is about making memories, not everything being perfectly wrapped!" Well, hopefully she didn't regret her decision because memories were definitely made.
 We took the Young Women at the beginning of the month, on Frontrunner to the lights at Temple Square, and ever since then, I couldn't get it out of my mind that Grant needed to ride the train! He thought it was pretty cool that it could go frontwards and backwards. He still calls it "the backwards train."



 When we got off the train, it immediately started snow/raining. And we had to walk with three little ones about a mile each way. Luckily, they were troopers, but I will admit that I second-guessed whether I should have convinced everyone of this plan or not.


 The kids were done pretty early on. But nothing a little hot chocolate, cookies, and treats couldn't fix.

The whole way back to the train, Meili was complaining that her feet were cold. So I made her make up different items to put in the 12 Days of Christmas. When we got on the train, my mom took off Meili's boots and found that her socks and feet were totally soaked. :( No wonder she complained. So all in all, I actually think she was a trooper.
It was definitely a fun Christmas memory. And I foresee me trying to convince my family of something similar again in the future!

No comments: