Josh mentioned to me a couple weeks ago that he entered Meili in a contest at a local store that sells Utah State apparel. He said, "I said things like: she's read over 100 books, she loves helping other people and is a good big sister, she was in the community play this summer..." He said, "Everything I said was true, I just made it sound really good."
I kind of forgot that he told me about it, but obiviously she won :), because she's amazing! (In all honesty, we don't know how many kids entered, but 42 kids won between kindergarten and 8th grade). Josh was SUPER excited, I was pretty excited, and Meili was somewhat excited. She won a $100 shopping spree to the store, 2 tickets to the Aggie football game, and got to go on the field during half time. It's funny because when I told her about it, she said, "I'm going to get a beanie baby!" So I had to explain that she would be getting clothes, and she said, "That's not fun!" So I had to reassure her that it would be fun.
Her shopping spree was the same night as the community Halloween carnival, so we had to leave early, and when she was sad, I told her it was going to be fun. Then, at the store, everything that was really cute and girly was 5T and smaller, so we had to convince her to get other clothes that she wasn't as excited about. Grant really wanted a lego man that was too much money for what he was getting, or a foam finger that we get for free at games sometimes, or a set of balls that we already have, and Cam was tired and hungry. Overall, the shopping spree was not as fun as I expected, but she got some cute things for herself and Grant, as well as a stuffed dog that made her happy.
Then, the day of the game, it had been raining on and off. When we got there, it was a beautiful day with blue skies, and I thought, "We just have to make it to half time. How bad could it get by then?"
Famous last words. Starting in about the second quarter, it was a downpour, and I kept thinking that it would have to let up at some point. Nope. Not for 2 more quarters at least. So, again, I had to tell Meili how fun it was that she got to go on the field.
She's the one in her purple winter coat and hat, turned completely sideways.
She was definitely the smallest one on the field. And even if she didn't think it was all that great, Josh and I were proud, and my parents came to the game and suffered the elements just to see her big moment.
They showed a picture of she and Big Blue on the jumbo tron as well as this video of her still waving the wrong direction ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment