On Sunday, the 30th, my parents came up to visit Meili for her birthday. We still hadn't carved pumpkins, so they joined us for the fun.
I always buy enough pumpkins for every member in the family, knowing that Josh and I will each end up helping one of the kids, and we'll end up with (this year) 3 uncarved pumpkins. Eh. First world problems right?
Grant's involvement in the carving was picking which design he wanted, and then stabbing the pumpkin repeatedly. Meili picked a design that was pretty complicated, so Josh pretty much just carved hers and then she helped me with Grant's. However, Josh wouldn't let her off the hook from having to dig the guts out.
I took several pictures, and in all of them, she had this same disgusted look on her face.Grant, however, was not going anywhere near the pumpkin "guts."
Grant's showing me how strong he is carrying the pumpkin.
And... Papa Randy kept Cam entertained.
Seriously, The. Best. Baby.
We barely even notice him sometimes, and then when I finally do, he just smiles at me (and then I feel guilty for neglecting him for so long.)
I was impressed with Meili's ability this year. I think in one or two more years, she'll pretty much be able to do it herself.
Grandma Raylene brought a little individual ice cream cup for each of the kids. Grant thought it was hilarious to get huge spoonfuls.
Here are our finished masterpieces. My mom's is the spider that I mostly cut out of the picture :(
No comments:
Post a Comment