Every year, as soon as October hits, I get giddy with excitement. If it were up to me, in the month of October, we would cancel life, and just spend all of our time watching Halloween movies (the cute ones, not scary ones), drinking hot chocolate, making sugar cookies, doing Halloween crafts, and reading Halloween children's books. (And playing in the leaves, participating in all the Halloween festivities, and having spooky dinners... See! This is the problem! LIFE gets in the way of all the October fun I would like to be having.)
So I feel like we tried to have as much Halloween fun as possible this month, but it definitely feels like it came and went so fast that I still had some to do's on my list.
Anyway, one of the musts of the month is going to a Corn Maze.
As I was going through these pictures, I kept having these flashes of the future in mind. This is what it will look like: When Meili looks at pictures of herself from this time in her life, she will say, "Mo-om (as only a teen can), why did you let me look so ridiculous all the time?!? Why don't we have any pictures of me where I'm smiling, and I am wearing clothes that match?" And I will take a big deep breath, and say, "Honey... I tried. You have no idea how many times I said to you, "Look at the camera!" "Are you looking at the camera?" "Can you see the Apple on my phone right now?" "What kind of face am I pulling right now?" "Smile!" "No, look at the camera AND smile." "Now look at the camera, smile, and don't look like a crazy person!""
I swear. I try.
Oh well. At least we will have the memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment