Friday, January 16, 2015

Party #1

I have a confession. I am not a Pinterest Mom. And I probably never will be. And I've decided that there are worse things in the world. I had pictures in my mind of what Grant's birthday party this year would look like and, in my mind, it looked just like pictures I've seen on Pinterest. But alas, in real life, it didn't. And I think we all managed to have a good time anyway.

On the 10th we had a combined party for Josh, Grant, and my niece Audrey. There was also supposed to be sledding involved, but for the first time in the history of the world, there wasn't enough snow in Utah in January to sled, so we made due without.
 My parents put together this racing game, and everyone got to keep their cars at the end.


 We had plenty of little hands to help Grant open his presents.

 And even some to help Josh.
 The theme was technically supposed to be "balls," and while I told my family that I wanted the house to "throw up balls" on them, no one could even guess what the theme. 

Part of the problem was that I ran out of time to do a couple of the last minute touches that I wanted to. Another problem was that my first time ever trying to make cake pops was an. epic. fail.



 Grant may be a pyromaniac in the making. 
 He helped blow out his candles, but he definitely wouldn't have been able to do without a little help.
 A piece just the right size that he could pick the whole thing up.

 My mom got a balloon for each of the kids, and they were obviously a hit.

 I loved watching all the kids mesmerized-looking up at their balloons in amazement.





One party down. Two more to go.

No comments: