Against all odds, our little boy made it through 12 months. To be honest, there was probably never really a question whether or not he would survive. My sanity on the other hand?
No comment. The jury is still out on that one.
It's a strange phenomenon when the hours in a day seem so long, but somehow the year went by really fast. And I can't really remember what life was like without our very sweet toddler. But at the same time, it's seems like he was just barely this...
This year has been anything but smooth sailing. We have absolutely had our ups and downs, but I'm feeling really good about where we are right now, and this is the year that I've been waiting for. One of my very favorite stages with kids is when they learn to walk and talk, and you start to see more of their little personalities.
I tried to take some one year pictures of Grant. Honestly, they are not great, and I may try again soon. But I still love every single one of them because they remind me so much of this little boy that stole my heart.
Grant is getting seriously fun. He's not walking but if he has a destination in mind, he can take 6-8 steps, and he's getting to where he really wants to be walking, so he always takes a couple steps before falling back down and crawling. He's close.
My favorite trick of his right now, is that he tries to blow out the lights. I mentioned that he helped us blow out our Christmas candle in December, then he had his birthday, so now, every time he sees a light he tries to blow it out. And my humoring him is probably not helping. I just stand by the light switch and let him blow the light off... and on... and off... and on...
And I would be totally fine with this phase lasting till like kindergarten. Let his teacher explain the truth to him.
He's had a hiccup in sleeping. I think it started when he was sick. Before that, he would sleep through the night most of the time, but occasionally wake up. We'd give him a bottle and he'd go right back to sleep. Around the time that he was sick, he started waking up during the night probably about 3 times a week. Now I feel like we're back to square one in a lot of ways. The last week or so, he's gotten up at least 2 times a night, and there's been a few times that we can't get him back to sleep. Ugh... I am not cool when I'm sleep deprived. Someday this will all be a faint memory. Anyone remember potty training?
He also is in a mommy phase right now (for about the last 6 months or so) which I would be fine with skipping as well. If I had nothing else to do all day, I would love to just sit and play with him, and he would probably love it too. Sadly, I have to make dinner, and clean my house, and work, and entertain and 4 year old and...
But, like I said, all the cuteness makes up for it... most of the time.
As far as growth:
He's 24 pounds which is the 71st percentile. (Our poor little boy is wasting away!)
But he is still 32 inches, which is the 97th percentile.













No comments:
Post a Comment