-Is a couple weeks (I think) away from crawling. He's getting really fast with army crawling, and he gets up on all fours frequently, but he's still having a hard time moving from that position.
-Is a couple of days (I think) away from getting his third, and shortly following fourth teeth. He usually has a couple of good days, and then a couple of grumpy days-poor kid.
-He's so funny. He makes me laugh everyday. He LOVES LOVES LOVES cell phones, computers, etc. And he is a determined little boy, and stronger than most 8 month olds. He's gonna give us a run for our money. He also LOVES LOVES LOVES his mom. So far, it's still manageable, because he'll still go to other people. But only for a little while, and if I'm in the room, he definitely prefers me.The only time I really like the fact that he likes me so much (because I really do like my space, and like to be able to get things done) is watching how excited he gets when he sees me. I usually don't get that reaction when I walk into a room.
-He squeaks. He squeaks when he laughs, he squeaks when he cries. I joke that he's gonna need to outgrow it, or he'll get made fun of, but for right now, we love it.
Exhibit A:
-He went to his first Aggie game last night. It looks like he really likes the Aggies, but no. This is the face he makes when he sees my phone.
And it's been awhile since I did updates for Meili.
-I love my 3 almost 4 year old! She is getting old enough that she can really be helpful. She can get herself ready, set the table, put her own dishes in the dish washer, clean her room (for the most part), buckle herself in her carseat.
-Yesterday, she was trying desperately to figure out how to tie her shoes.
-She's getting pretty good at recognizing the sounds that different letters make. She can recognize the sounds for S, M, A, B, P, T, L, D, and occasionally some others.
-She knows how to spell Meili, Kaleena, Mom, (sometimes) Dad and Grant. And she's getting better at recognizing other common words like Josh and Horse.
-She is sweet. She loves hugs and kisses. She really doesn't like to get in trouble, for the most part, not because she's mad, but she doesn't like to disappoint us.
-I cannot complain about her as far as being a sister to Grant. She is really sweet to him, always willing to share and help with him. She doesn't get jealous if he takes something from her or if he knocks something down of hers. I know it probably won't last forever, so I'm just enjoying it while I can.
This was her acting sad at the Aggie game. For all the great things I've said about her, it sure is getting harder and harder to get good pictures of her.
-She is cute all day long, but she just won't hold still or look at the camera long enough to get a decent picture.
And, to end with a funny story...
Yesterday, in her prayer, she said, "Please bless that my hair will grow long again." (Is she her mother's daughter or what?) And today she said, "Please bless that we can die safely." (Is that an oxymoron or what?) She's not morbid, but we've talked a little bit about death lately-that it's a normal part of life; that she's not going to die for a really long time. So it's just been on her mind lately.
What silly children I have! They keep me on my toes, that's for sure!






No comments:
Post a Comment