A few days before Christmas, when I was, yes, 36 weeks pregnant, Meili and I attempted to build a snow fort. She said she wanted a horse, and I told her "no way" because a fort was already testing my sculpting abilities. If I had known her idea of a horse was a pile of snow, I wouldn't have spent hours sweating on my hands and knees trying to build an igloo.
Good thing we played in the snow when we could because it looks like it might be the last time this season :(On Christmas Eve, we made 2 treats: one for us, and one for Santa. Though, truth be told, Meili would have rather just eaten on the treats and frosting herself, and not decorated anything.
We spent Christmas Eve with my family. And I took so few pictures of the holiday it's sad.
I didn't understand how into princesses my little girl is until she got 3 princess dresses, 2 tiaras, 4 pairs of high heels, necklaces, bracelets, and a magic wand for Christmas. (Al from different people.) I figured she needed dress-ups because every 3 year old should have some. I didn't realize that we would be in full costume multiple times a day, every day. This is the Cinderella dress that my mom made for her. If Meili had it her way, she would eat, sleep, and bathe in this dress.
I must say she is a beautiful princess, and it's pretty cute to see her curtsy and say, "Your majesty..."
We spent the night, probably for the last time at my parents' house, and Santa came there instead.
We spent Christmas day with Josh's family, and I, of course, took no pictures.
Luckily, we had some other things to look forward to :)
Josh's birthday was pretty low-key. We went to dinner, after he got off work, and then opened presents. Meili helped with every aspect of the cake, and picked an Aggie cake only after I talked her out of princesses.
I think Josh's birthday this year will be memorable for other reasons though :) More on that to come...






No comments:
Post a Comment