I talked my friend from High School, Kira, to go with me to Hogle Zoo. I've been wanting to go all summer because when Meili turns 3, we'll have to start paying for her. (Poor girl, once we have to actually pay admission for her, we won't do fun things anymore. Hopefully she has good memories from the first 3 years of her life!)
Honestly, Meili and Kira's daughter, Eliza, probably would have been satisfied playing at this little splash pad all day. But we MADE them see all the animals.Seeing as how the only zoo I've been to in YEARS is Willow Park, I was impressed with all the animals that Hogle Zoo has, and the fact that you can actually see them. You can see the bear sleeping over in the corner.
Meili said her favorite animal was the polar bear because he was doing tricks in the water, but she and Eliza just stared at this monkey, and we had to drag them away.
We had a few major meltdowns, and with Kira and I both pregnant, we were pretty exhausted by the end of the day, but I would say, overall, it was a success!
No comments:
Post a Comment