Sunday, April 29, 2012

18 Months

These pictures are a little random but my Mom worked really hard to crochet these little shoes for Meili and some of the other nieces, so I had to get a picture of them because they are so cute! Since Meili has decided that it's necessary for her to be in shoes from morning to night, these have come in handy, because she can wear them as slippers instead of wearing shoe-shoes all the time. Win Win!

 Only problem is... she can take them off really easily.
 She's to the age where every time I try to take a picture of her, she tries to play with the camera. What a stinker!!!
And the story of the shirt...
Josh came home one day with 3 shirts and said that he got them at Walmart for $2 a piece. He was so proud of his purchase, but I couldn't lie... this shirt is... how do I say it... not my favorite... maybe a little... ugly... maybe I was afraid it would give Meili nightmares. He thought for sure that she would like it because she loves dogs. I said, that I wasn't even sure that she would be able to tell it was a dog-especially from her perspective, which would be upside down. 


I told Josh that I appreciated his purchases, but she probably wouldn't ever wear this particular shirt out of the house. He said that we could cut off the bow, if I wanted. I told him that the bow isn't the problem. 


Well, one day, that I knew I was going to be in sweats all day, I decided that there was no harm in letting her wear the dog shirt. So I got it out, showed her the dog, and put it on her. Meili couldn't get enough of that dog. All day long, out of the blue, she would point to her shirt and say, "dog!" 


What can I say, she is her father's daughter-clothing is not about fashion it is about making a statement. Josh's statements are usually along the lines of "I like the Yankees" or "I feel good in sweats." Meili's statement today is "I like dogs. All dogs. And I don't care who knows it."

1 comment:

Kristin said...

The shirt story is... hilarious. :)