Monday, January 2, 2012

Merry Christmas!

As I've gotten older, I've gotten a little bit more bummed about Christmas. I still love the Christmas season obviously, but it's hard to give up the traditions that you've been used to your whole life. And sometimes it's tough trying to mesh 2 different families' traditions together. But this year, it got pretty fun again! Plus, because of Christmas being on a Sunday, and some other circumstances, we essentially got to celebrate Christmas on 3 different days which was also fun. However, I, yet again, didn't take as many pictures as I wanted-so I didn't get either mine or Josh's family celebrations. Ugh...

But here's Meili's Christmas morning-which we actually celebrated on Christmas Eve morning. I could barely sleep cause I was so excited.
Does that look like a little girl's dream or what?
Meili, of course, was the most excited about her new silverware. These days she's only eating what she can pick up herself with a spoon or fork.
I have a really hard time surprising Josh or shopping for Josh in general and my goal was to make stockings for our family this year. Well, I couldn't really find stockings that I wanted to make, and then as if in a revelation I saw these stockings on Live with Kelly, and I was able to order them just in time for Christmas! Josh had no idea, and I was so excited! Bad news: we don't get to have any more children, because I don't know if we will be able to find more to match-sorry Grandmas and Grandpas!

Meili loved the balls in her castle, but she was hesitant to get in at first. She got the hang of it eventually though.
She loves reading books, and I love that about her!
Her newest fetish: trying on shoes. We can't have another one of THOSE in our family.
I wonder where she gets it from?
We all must have been good in our house because we got quite the haul all around. I think I've been more excited to play with Meili's toys than even she has :)
We spent most of Christmas Eve with my family, then we went to Josh's parents' house on Christmas day. We were with Josh's family for New Year's Eve, and then because my brother was in Arizona with his wife for the holidays, we celebrated Christmas with my whole family yesterday. Add in a few times snowboarding and we've had a good couple of weeks!
I hope you all had a good holiday season, and here's to another great year in 2012!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Love the stockings! Could you order any without names? Add the names later? Plan on about 10? I loooove Christmas for kids too! They'll open the presents and I'll expect them to fall over with happiness because I've been looking forward to it for a month.