Friday, June 17, 2011

Father's Day

Because I've spent the last 3 years of my life teaching parents how to parent, sometimes I feel I have the upper hand on that in mine and Josh's relationship. But the truth is, just like with so many other things in his life, when it comes to being a dad, Josh is a natural. For Mother's Day in our ward, the Primary presidency asked the kids to make a card for their moms. As I fed Meili, I watched what happened. Around the outside of the room, all the other teachers started chatting with one another, the presidency hurriedly tried to get things done before the next group came in. There, in the middle of the room, Josh was sprawled out on the floor, showing the kids how to make their cards and talking to them about the colors they were choosing. Eventually the kids, one by one, waited to show Josh their creation. As I was sitting there, one of the teachers came to me and whispered, "I'm sure you already know this, but he is the most marvelous man. He is so good with the kids-so patient, and they just love him. You chose well." I just smiled and agreed because I do already know that, but it's still nice to have a reminder every once in awhile.

Since this is Josh's first year being a full-blown dad, and Meili couldn't be reached for comment at this time (nap time), I thought that I would write Josh a little note on her behalf. I think this is what she would say if she could...
I love you Daddy,
I love that you buy me crazy hats, and dress me in weird outfits, but I know that nothing in the world makes you prouder.
I love that you feed me bananas mixed with peas, so that hopefully someday I will hate bananas like you.
I love that sometimes you let me take naps on your lap instead of always in my crib like mommy.
I love that when you talk to me you get so excited and talk in such a high pitch that only dogs can hear.
I love that you take me to play with the puppies because mommy is too afraid.
I love that you can't help but brag about me to all your friends.
I love that I know just how much you love me because I make you smile bigger than anyone else.
Happy Father's Day Daddy to my best Daddy in the whole world!
Love, Bubba

3 comments:

Sara said...

Banana's and peas??? That made me laugh. Poor girl. That sounds absolutely disgusting!

Hope said...

:) Miss you all.

Chalisse said...

Sounds like Josh! :)