
Oh, and apparently Josh added a little effect to this one without me noticing.

But we had to get Meili with her favorite toys in the world. Cell phones and remotes.
Josh's friend Jonny, who is currently in the military serving in Korea, sent a little outfit for Meili awhile ago. It's still a little big and this picture is so blurry, but it's so cute!! (Apparently along with a less wrinkly sheet, I need a less wiggly baby :) Good luck with that I guess!) I realize that the shoes are too big. All her shoes are too big. She just has tiny feet.
Thumbs up to Jonny!
-Meili's little personality is showing more and more everyday. She knows what she wants and doesn't want, and is pretty determined to get her way whatever it is. Already, at 7 months! Yikes!
-As anticipated, Meili still isn't crawling yet, but she is getting closer and closer. When she REALLY wants something (which is basically all the time) she does this little army crawl when she just rocks her body back and forth, until she inches toward whatever it is.
-I've tried and tried but she is not on board for solid food yet. She does really well eating baby food, but anything that has a texture or taste she is not into. We've tried Gerber crackers and yogurt bites, bread, crepes, potatoes, rice, mandarin oranges, strawberries, watermelon, raspberries, peas, etc. etc. and she just won't have it. She likes sucking on carrots, sugar snap peas, and cucumbers though. So we'll keep working at it, because I am definitely ready to move on from baby food.
-She scrunches her nose and squints her eyes when she smiles now, and has just learned how to kind of snort like a pig.
-Josh has been working with her on saying Ma Ma and Da Da, but instead she learned Na Na and is very proud of herself.
-Recently she has become a mama's girl, which makes me happy sometimes, but makes life a little harder most of the time. It's especially bad right when I get home from work. She is so excited to see me, but I usually run upstairs to change my clothes, go to the bathroom, or wash my hands, and she just starts crying. One day she actually started crying the moment I walked in the door-like she was so excited that she just didn't know what to do. What can I say? She's my little girl-crying for no reason at all!
Since I didn't update her stats last month... At her six-month check up, she weighed 14 1/2 lbs. and was 27 1/2 inches long. She is in the 97th percentile for her height, and the 20th for her weight. Just keeps getting taller and skinnier-but I promise it's not because we don't feed her, it's all the reaching that makes her tall, and the wiggling that makes her skinny!
1 comment:
I feel bad that I didn't really get to see her or you the other day, but she does look so adorable in that yellow dress. It looks like your kids will be able to wear yellow (mine, not so much).
I know how hard it is to have a mommy's girl! Part of you loves to be so loved, but another large part of you wants to be able to leave. In my experience, all you can do is enjoy the loving moments and feel guilty the rest of the time.
Post a Comment