Saturday, April 30, 2011

6 Months and (gasp) Counting

In January, I said to Josh, "In April Meili will be 6 months old!" He said, "Yeah..." In my mind, April did not seem that far away, and having a 6 month old child was incomprehensible. But, here we are, with a 6 month-old, and we love her as much as ever. Although it makes me sad to think that we won't have a newborn in our house for AWHILE, and I miss lots of things about her being a newborn, I am so excited about every single little tiny new thing that she learns. This month, she can sit up on her own as long as she has something to focus on (like a friend her own size, or a cute little toddler boy.) She is getting better and better at eating, and started eating fruits. And Josh and I have bets going as to when she is going to start crawling. (I think that we have AT LEAST another month, and he thinks she is right on the brink.)

These next pictures are called, "Daddy's not allowed to go shopping alone anymore."
I sent Josh out to get a sun-hat before the Aggie football spring scrimmage...
Mission accomplished!
And this next video is called "Revenge." (This is the most boring video in the world for anyone besides Meili's parents, and I decided to switch the orientation halfway through, and don't know how to edit the video, so just bear with me.)
Josh LOVES to tease his nieces and nephews and the kids in our primary class. So now, he finally has someone who can dish it back. See, Josh tells Meili regularly that she is not allowed to date or get married until she's at least 27, and she, at 5 months, started practicing her kissing regularly so she can start blatantly disobeying her dad as soon as possible.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

No boy will be able to resist!

Cherilee said...

That is too cute for words!

Tannie Datwyler said...

K - that is NOT the most boring video. HOLY COW, what a cute girl.

Josh & Jessica said...

love the hats! (My) Josh decides to do Kaitlyn's hair as a mohawk as we were going to visit our mothers. He needs a boy.