So here are some milestones...
-Meili is sleeping through the night. Her last feeding is at 11:00 and she generally starts making noise at about 6 or 7 until I just decide to wake her up and feed her rather than listening to her grunting. Then I put her back in bed and she sleeps until about 9 or 10. She probably would have slept through the night from the day we brought her home from the hospital, but I'm a paranoid first-time mom and wanted to make sure she was getting enough to eat. So I'm gradually letting her sleep longer and longer.
-She started really smiling a lot about a week and a half ago. And let me tell you, it is awesome! This is the closest I've come to getting a picture of her smiling, even though this isn't my favorite picture of her.
So I added this one too just for fun! This looks more like her.
-She's getting better at holding her head up, which means less cuddling on my shoulder :( She always just wants to be looking around and keeping her head up.
-And her newest trick...rolling over! She actually rolled over once when she was 3 weeks old. (I know you don't believe me, no one else does either.) I think it really was a fluke, and I didn't think she would be able to do it again, and of course, Josh and I were the only witnesses and no one believes what we say anyway. But she rolled over twice more on Sunday, 3 times on Tuesday, and we finally have my friend, Hope, as a witness today. On Tuesday, when she first did it for me, I almost started crying. It was a textbook roll over, and I can't believe she's growing so fast. I got a video of it. It's probably the least exciting video in the world to everyone but me. But we are so proud!
I know, we have a wonder child huh? Don't get me wrong, it hasn't been all peaches and cream. Sleeping through the night comes at a price, meaning that she has a hard time taking naps during the day. She'll get really tired and fall asleep instantly if I am holding her, but as soon as I put her down she wakes up, or she'll sleep for only about 20 minutes-which makes it hard for me to get anything else done. It's really weird, because at night, she can be wide awake and I swaddle her and she falls right to sleep, but nothing works during the day. If I swaddle her during the day she gets frustrated trying to get out, but if I don't she wakes herself up kicking. So if any mothers out there have any ideas for me, I'd love to hear it.
2 comments:
well what the heck..post a picture would you! :) so happy you are blogging though! i guess you just needed a baby to do it! love you guys! we'll have to come up to visit sometime next year. (ha..that sounds so far away, but really it isn't!)
The first time Kennedy rolled over is burned in my memory. We were all so excited and cheering for her! Treasure it! Congrats to Meili for the milestones.
Post a Comment