Friday, May 14, 2010

Changes

So I haven't posted for awhile, because, honestly, I've only had one thing on my mind, and everything else paled in comparison when I thought about posting. I know many of you know by now, but Josh and I have some big changes that are happening in our lives. In April, we made a snap decision and bought a house. Honestly, Josh and I have talked about buying a house since the day we got married, but were never sure if it was the right time, or where would be the best place for us to buy. The last 2 weeks of April, because the tax credit was running out, Josh decided that now is the right time. I have been the one pestering him to buy a house for 4 years, and when he finally committed, I started freaking out. (Of course, that's how it goes, right?) I'm still getting used to the idea of staying in Cache Valley, and right now, I think both Josh and I are just dreading all the work ahead of us, but I do think it is the best idea for us right now.

This is the front room.
Kitchen
and more kitchen.
Family room.
Master bedroom.
Second bedroom. :)
And mine and Josh's full time job for the summer. The yard is pretty big, and has a quite a bit of work required. I've promised Josh that I will help if he will help paint. And I promised I would mow the lawn if he doesn't spend all of our money on a riding lawn mower.

So that is actually just one of the big changes that is happening, but the one I really care about is...The new addition to our family! For my birthday this year, Josh got me an ultrasound to hear my baby's heart beat. (And so far, this baby is only the second most expensive birthday present Josh has gotten me, because 4 years ago, he proposed on my birthday. Like I said, so far... We've only made a "down payment" on the baby-so I know that record is not going to last long.) According to the ultrasound, we are due on Halloween, and so far, all of our appointments have been very routine, and everything seems normal. (Which I know, is amazing, Josh and I are normal!) So far, I have had a very "No Complaints" pregnancy because I really haven't been very sick. I've just been very tired, and hungry all the time-which is not that different for me. Right now, I'm about 16 weeks along, and we'll find out in June what we are having. So I'll keep you posted!!!

10 comments:

Hope said...

Love the house! It looks way nice. Obvously, SUPER HAPPY ABOUT THE BABE!!! I can't wait to find out what you are having. Really...I wouldn't be offended if you invited me to the ultrasound. I could keep quiet. Yeah right. Congrats again!

Ryan and Erin said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!!!!! HURRAY!!!!! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

Meg said...

Congrats on the house and especially the new baby!! I know Tommy already talked to Josh, but I wanted to tell you myself. We'll have to have you guys over sometime soon so we can catch up.

Cherilee said...

I really love your house. It is so cute! We can't wait to see the little one. Everyday our excitement grows more and more.

Todd Family said...

so excited for you guys and all of these changes!! SO AWESOME!! I'm sorry I haven't called you back! It's been crazy! I'll call you soon though! It looks like you guys are doing great! miss you and love you and SO happy for your happiness!! :)

Kristin said...

YAY! Congrats Kalenna! I am super happy for you guys, for both new adventures. You'll be great parents.

The Green Family said...

Yeah! Congrats to both of you. So where is this cute house you bought?

Tannie Datwyler said...

Hooray! Sara told me that you are having a baby. That's so wonderful Kaleena. Congrats on the house too.

Josh & Jessica said...

I have been waiting for this post for a VERY long time! Congrats!

Ilez said...

I love the house, it's so cute. But most especially congrats on the baby!!! You guys will be great parents.