This year, Josh and I have enjoyed going to the Utah State football and basketball games. We got a really good deal on season tickets, and I'm finally accepting the fact that I am not a student anymore, and have been out of school for almost a year longer than I was ever in school, (which was a hard realization for me to come too.) and therefore, we don't get to sit in the student section anymore. But this year has made me realize that I can enjoy basketball games even when I'm not in the student section.
Josh and I finally succeeded at Valentine's Day after 3 years of practice. I've kind of struggled with Valentine's Day for the last little while, because I think that it causes more fights, than makes you think about how much you love each other. Most years, I tell Josh that we don't have to do anything big, and he takes that literally, and so I end up mad when we are either watching sports with his brother, or he tries to take me to Angie's for dinner. But I think Josh and I are getting better at this marriage thing, because we talked openly about what we wanted to do for Valentine's Day (instead of me dropping vague hints, and waiting for an amazing surprise that never happened.) The only thing that didn't go so well about the day is that we tried to get breakfast at McDonald's at 10:30 and 5 seconds, and they refused. (See, McDonald's breakfast is a tradition of ours dating back to Josh's family bringing it to the temple on our wedding day. We have pictures of walking out of the temple doors, and then both of us eating an egg McMuffin.) After the McDonald's disappointment, we went snowboarding, ate dinner at Iron Gate Grill (one of my favorites in Logan) and then went to see the movie Valentine's Day. And we made it through an entire Valentine's Day without any screaming, fighting, or not speaking to each other. YEA!
2 comments:
congrats on two things....BLOGGING and VALENTINE'S! :) I think I am more excited that you blogged then anything! now i am in utah so we can play friend! well..i'm not in logan..in roosevelt, but most likely we'll come up and visit and maybe even hit up beaver! :)
Yes, congrats on blogging and Valentine's Day! That made me laugh so much I had to read it to Dustin. I love that you posted because I live in Logan and still never see you. That's lame. We'll all get together one of these days.
Post a Comment