Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Catch Up

I'm finally posting, honestly, because I've been threatened by more than one person about the things they will do to me, if I didn't update my blog. And, yes, I did think it was pretty sad that the last noteworthy thing that happened in our lives was in July. So just to prove to everyone who was doubting, Josh and I are still super cool people, who have very exciting lives. (Not really, but whatever.) First of all, at the end of July, Josh realized that because of his 1988 Jeep we could probably qualify for the Cash for Clunkers program- and boy was that drama for about a week straight! We weren't really looking for a new car, and we weren't very excited about a new car payment, but honestly, Josh had been thinking about selling his car for $300. So why not get $4500 instead? So one thing led to another and we decided to trade in my car :( and the Jeep and get a new car. I know I've already posted about my car and it's getting to be kind of sickening, but I just have to say, that when we had finally decided to trade it in, it was really hard for me. I had that car for eight years of my life! 1/3 of my entire life was spent in that car!!! I've known that car for longer than I've known Josh! We had been through a lot together, so before we traded it in, I drove it as much as I could, (whereas before that I had always tried to pawn it off on Josh, because I wanted to drive the Jeep instead.) So, anyway, it is what it is, and since then the only hard day was the day that I saw someone else test driving it. So here are some pictures of the only car that I will ever officially be able to call "my car." Isn't she beautiful?And just as an interesting side note, these are some of the things that I found in the console along with the license plate that I will forever treasure. The items are... my tassle from HIGH SCHOOL graduation, the warranty for Josh's wedding ring, my earrings that I had seriously been looking for for about 6 months, and the receipt for our wedding invitations. (And that is proof that the entire cost for our wedding invitations was $280.76! Man, I am frugal!)And this is our new car. We got an' 09 Hyundai Elantra. I know that so many of you are thinking that you can not tell the difference between the two cars. Yes, again Josh and I are very boring. We traded in a red jeep for a red jeep, and now we traded in a manual four door black car, for another manual four door black car. and yes, it is starting to grow on me. I'm sure we'll have great times together as well.

Now, on to a new topic!
We had our Lewis family reunion at the end of July. These are my two nieces Chloe and Audrey. Isn't this such a cute picture?The family played baseball. Here's Josh swingin'. Perfect form!
And Chloe not only got the ball, but the tee as well.Chloe just looks as ready as ever on third base, using her mitt to hide, and wearing her yellow flower shirt, pigtails and flip flops.Up to bat next...Audrey... and her mom.... Again, perfect form!
Ah... everyone is so enthusiastic, this must be a really close game!And Audrey is done. We did other things at the family reunion, but these are the only things I have pictures of.

Next subject...
My niece Gretchen was blessed the beginning of September or maybe August (sorry Emily) And I just love this picture. She slept like this for a very long time. She looks like Superman.

In September, we went camping with my mom, dad, my sister Bethany, her husband Ryan, and their daughter Audrey. The next day, I went on a hike with my parents. This hike is actually super cool even though the pictures don't really do it justice. The hike is in Little Cottonwood canyon and it's called Donut Falls.
You can see why it's called Donut Falls-the water has made a hole through the rock, and it's cool because you can climb behind the water falls.Here's mom and dad at the falls.

After the hike, Josh and I played dodgeball with...


THE UTAH JAZZ!!!
So Josh had a friend who put a team together for a charity dodgeball tournament that Kyle Korver and Deron Williams organized. I said that I would play if I had to, but I would rather not, and at the last minute, they called and said that they needed me-so I stepped up!!! Ha Ha! Really, I went straight from camping, so I was so embarrassed that people probably thought I was homeless, and in the 6 games total that we played, I got ONE person out. I always just tried to stay away from the ball, and eventually I would be the last person out. But the problem was that then the entire other team of eight people would throw the ball at me AT THE SAME TIME!!!- How embarrassing. I was really glad that Josh did it though, because he really likes the Jazz, and it was cool, because at first everyone was asking for the players autographs, but by the end of the day, everyone had been around them for so long, that everyone could treat them like normal people. Our team, overall didn't do so hot. Next year, we'll have to schedule practices.

So that's us for the last three months. Hopefully I'll blog again before Christmas!

3 comments:

The Green Family said...

great post! you are super cool people.

Kym said...

How fun! You guys have great connections. At first, when I looked at the picture of Deron Williams I though it was an aerobics class or something. It was fun to talk to you guys at the Ag BBQ.

tHe sMiTh SaGa said...

I saw ads about playing Dodge Ball against the Utah Jazz. I bet that was so cool to see them up close like that. How fun!
Looks like you've had a busy month. But fun!