Josh and I have been married for three years! In celebration of that, and just because we needed a break, we went on a cruise for the last week. We had lots of fun, but it was a perfect vacation, because by the time it was over, we were ready to come home instead of longing for more. (Not ready to go back to work, because I don't think we ever would be, but at least ready to be in Utah, with our own food, with our own bed, with our own TV, and WITHOUT people trying to sell us (basically) crap everywhere we went. We went on a 7 day, Royal Caribbean cruise that left from LA, then went to Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta. As is always the case with me, these pictures are in no particular order, because I don't care enough to make them that way.
This is the stage where most of the shows were held. And here is exhibit A: this show was the farewell the last night of the cruise. We also saw illusionists who had insane tricks, a juggler, two comedians, an ice skating show, a tribute to the Temptations, and the cruise variety shows. I thought they were all entertaining.
This is the deck, I don't know who needed that explanation but there you go.
This is Josh in our room. I actually thought our room was kind of fun, because it overlooked the promenade on the fifth floor. So we didn't have an ocean view, but a mall view-I guess you could say.
Josh took this picture of me in our room, from the promenade.
Another shot of the deck. I thought our ship was pretty nice, and it actually had enough pools that we could swim sometimes, unlike our last cruise!
They also had a rock climbing wall. You can tell that it isn't too difficult, but I couldn't even make it to the top! I guess I was just exhausted from the 20 lbs. of extra food I ate over the week!
Josh FLEW to the top. I barely had enough time to take pictures of him.
And if this isn't the most flattering picture, I don't know what is.
For anyone who's been on a cruise, you know that they make animals out of the towels everyday. This was my favorite-the monkey!
In Puerto Vallarta, we took a hike to this waterfall. It was actually in a town called Yelapa, and it was absolutely beautiful!!!!! So here's a picture of Josh freezing his buns (he's the one standing on the rock in the back in the green swimsuit.)
See, B-E-A-utiful!
And I am the one who appears to be blind in this picture
This is the small fishing village, Yelapa. The town has about 1,200 people, and just got electricity about 4 years ago. It was quite an experience to go there, and see how different people live.
Man, I picked some real keeper pictures of me, eh? We went snorkeling in a place near Puerto Vallarta called Majahuita. This was definitely the most interesting part of the trip, and the story we will probably tell for years. See, we all jumped in the water to go snorkeling, and I have really dry skin, so the salt usually stings a little. When I got in the water, I felt little sharp stings every few seconds. I pulled my head out and asked Josh if he felt it too, and he said yes. Then we heard screams from several people in our group. Josh and I tried to rough it for about fifteen minutes, and finally decided that the few fish we were seeing just wasn't worth it. We got in a kayak, and asked people what the stinging was. Apparently there are microscopic jellyfish in that part of the water, that our tour guides were fully aware of, and just tried to find places that weren't so bad. When we got out of the water, we all had little red dots all over our skin. I like snorkeling, but not when it comes at that expense.
And... blackmail for Josh.
This is the actual city of Puerto Vallarta.
In Mazatlan, there was a resort that let us use their pool, towels etc.
If Josh had his choice, this is what he would have been doing 90% of the time...Sleeping
Ah... Beautiful sunsets.
This is the beach in Mazatlan. The beach there was so nice. The sand was soft, and really looked golden everywhere, the water was perfect.
This is the view of the promenade from our room.
Josh in Cabo
This is our ship "The Mariner of the Seas"
Shopping plaza in Cabo.
The city of Cabo behind us.
And, a picture of Josh and I (again, probably no need for explanation). Like I said, we had a lot of fun. We were able to relax a lot, eat good food, see so much beautiful scenery, but it's good to be home.
9 comments:
Wow that's so awesome. I have actually never been on a cruise so that looks like so much fun. What a great way to spend your anniversary! Those places were so beautiful.
How beautiful! I have to say I am a bit jealous - we've never been on a cruise.... someday. :)
Looks like a good time! Glad you had fun even though we weren't there. One of these days... :) Happy three years!
That really makes me want to go on that cruise! that looked like so much fun!!
looks very relaxing!
ok... i want to know more. What other cruise did you do? which was your fav? I am wanting to book something for next winter. you guys looked like you had a lot of fun! i had never seen views of the promonade before from a cabin. was it noisy? the ship looks amazing! - much fancier than carnival for sure.
No one has commented on the picture of you in the harness so I guess your older mean sister has to do it. That picture is hilarious. If I ever have to make a collage or video of you that picture is the first one in!
P.S. It looks like you had a wonderful time, everything was beautiful, I am jealous, you look perfect in all the other pictures etc., etc.
Hey, I wanted to tell you that I thought you looked awesome when I saw you running the Utah Valley Marathon. Dang girl, why didn't I look that good when I was running my marathon. I guess I like treats way too much. Looks like you had a fun trip. Way Jealous, I am.
Yay!!! It looks like a blast! You guys were meant to cruise...
Post a Comment