Sunday, November 30, 2008

As promised

Well, we've lived in our new house for about three weeks, and finally I feel like we have it in some kind of order. So I'm posting pictures like I promised I would. This is the second bedroom which is the home office/gym/second TV room/craft room. That's what happens when you only have one extra room in your house, and as you can see all the boxes that we still haven't gotten out of our house are being stored in here.






















This is the other side of the front room, and the brand new LCD TV that we bought on Friday for Black Friday. Josh has been glued to it ever since.



This is part of the kitchen, with our table that we bought a couple weeks ago, that I LOVE! For those who don't know, we lived in a tiny, one bedroom apartment for the last two and a half years. It wasn't big enough to have a kitchen table, so with our new house, that was the thing I was the most excited about. Sadly, we haven't used it a ton yet, because I get home kind of late from work, and no matter how many kitchen tables we have, sometimes you just can't pry Josh from the TV.



I did these pictures out of order, of course! We put up our Christmas tree today, and I don't care what anyone says, I think our Christmas tree is the most beautiful in the world. I know some of you may think your's is, but that is where you are mistaken.

This is our bedroom, well, one side of our bedroom. I didn't take a picture of the other half, because it would like a giant white wall. The funny thing about this picture, is that you might notice that there is a beautiful quilt next to the bed. Yeah, my mom made that quilt for us when we got married, and I LOVE IT! However, before Josh and I got married, I had no idea what to get him for Christmas. (Some things don't change even after two years of marriage.) So I was thinking about the things that he likes to do... Eating, sleeping, watching and playing sports. He had everything that he needed to play or watch sports, and I couldn't really get him food, so I decided to get him a down comforter (to be used while sleeping :) My mom and I looked forever for a duvet cover that we liked, and had no success, so we decided to make him a cover. The fabric store that we went to had microfiber on sale. So we made the duvet off-white on one side, and blue on the other. The moral of the story is that even after two years Josh loves that blasted comforter cover, and I have to admit, it is very comfortable, but it is so ugly! And I can say that because I made it. But we have pillows, and a bed skirt, and everything to match the quilt that I love, but Josh just wants to use the comforter, so I've tried to make it look as good as possible, but there's only so much I can do.

Well there's the house. We are really liking it so far. Sometimes it's a pain to live in Wellsville because I'm used to being 1 minute from absolutely everything! But other than that everything is good.

A couple little quirks about our apartment...
-We live next to a farm, so we wake up to the sound (and sometimes smell) of cows.
-When we first moved in, there was a GIANT white bleach spot on the carpet right in front of the upstairs bathroom. So one of the first things Josh did when he moved in was try to dye it with dark brown dye. (He dyed the carpet in our last apartment and it looked really good, but that's because our old carpet was dark brown.) This carpet is a light, greyish, purple color. Josh was floored when the dye didn't fix the bleach stain. It looks better, but not good.
-We had our cable set up about a week ago, and when we set up our TV upstairs, through a series of events, we figured out that we can't watch several channels on the downstairs TV unless the upstairs TV is on that channel. How random!
-It's weird to have different rooms in our house. In our old apartment, I could see or hear Josh ALL THE TIME! So now, sometimes when I'm upstairs and he's downstairs, I have to yell, "Josh are you still there?"

But so far, so good!

3 comments:

Hope said...

Oh, your house is so cute! Can you come over and help me decorate? And unpack. You've lived in your house shorter than me, and you're way farther than me. No fair! HELP! We need to hang out. Call me.

Todd Family said...

so fun! i love your place! it must be nice having two rooms!!

The Green Family said...

congrats on your new place. You will get used to Wellsville. Just think of how much closer you are to SLC!!
You did a wonderful job decorating. I would love to help you break in your new table. We are available for dinner and games anytime!