Monday, October 27, 2008
I'm Way Behind!!
I have been thinking that I needed to post for a LONG time, but I've just been busy I guess. Doing what? I don't know. The week before general conference (that's how long I've been putting this off) I decided that Josh and I were going to hike the Wellsville mountains. Here's the story (as you know, every event in my life, has a very long story that goes with it.) When I moved to Cache Valley, people told me that the Wellsville mountains are the steepest mountains in North America from base to cliff-so of course, I wanted to hike them. Basically every week all summer long, I told Josh that I wanted to hike the Wellsville mountains, and figured that in Logan, the weather can get pretty scary from like the beginning of October to some time in June-who knows. So the last weekend in September, I decided it was now or never. I looked up some trails on line, talked to some people (Josh was absolutely no help), and Saturday morning, we were on our way. At the beginning of the hike Josh and I felt that we were going in the right direction, but about 15 minutes into it, Josh started questioning my logic. I know, how dare he. See for those who don't know, the Wellsville mountains run North to South, and we were heading directly East, which made absolutely no sense. Josh kept saying that we were headed the wrong way, but I just kept telling him that I found the trailhead on the internet, and the internet never lies.
Finally Josh saw a power station, and said that he thought the trail ended there. I told him that surely the trail would just pass by there and keep going.
Sure enough, this was the end of the hike. So rather than hiking the steepest mountains from base to cliff, we hiked an hour up a hill, to get to here. As you can see, I was more than a little upset.
Luckily it was a very beautiful day, and Josh cheered me up. I guess there's always next year!
Even though I've been complaining about it a lot lately, I do love Cache Valley in the fall. The colors were right in the middle of changing, and they were so beautiful!
For the rest of this update... We've been having a lot of fun lately. We've been spending time with family, and going to some aggie football games. Josh was finally able to get a job, thanks to his sister-in-law Grayce. He's going to be working as a credit manager at Wells Fargo in Ogden. He's not really sure if it's exactly what he wants to be when he grows up, but he is very excited to start somewhere at least. He will start as soon as all of his paperwork, background check etc. are completed. So, that means that we are going to be looking for a new place. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! So, if anyone knows of an apartment/house/townhouse/condo for rent in the south end of Cache Valley or Brigham City that has at least 2 bedrooms, that is cheap, and (preferably) that allows pets, let us know!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Your hubby sounds like a very smart man. I think that you should have more faith in his sense of direction. i bet the power station was a beautiful site.
Congrats! You have now seen the valley's TV Tower station. It may become historical once the switch to digital is complete. Wow! What an amazing thing you witnessed! Next time check with the Wellsville-ites for the tried and tested trails.
YAY! You updated your blog! I remember hearing about the wellsville hills! They look beautiful...especially that power line thingy. I'm sure it was a lot of fun! We miss Logan (sometimes) so much. We will have to go visit someday! It's so beautiful! Hey, congrats about the job! That's awesome!!
Post a Comment