Friday, December 9, 2016

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving, Josh and I went over to his mom's house on Wednesday, and stayed up much too late with Liz, Jake and Kami, and MaryElizabeth. (Late enough, that MaryElizabeth finally decided that she might as well not go to bed before putting the turkey in at 5:00 in the morning.) I don't know how any of us made it through the next day because I haven't slept that little in AWHILE (and I have a 4 month-old), but memories were made :)
 
On Thursday morning, we went shooting with some of Josh's family. I definitely did not think we would be taking the kids along to go shooting, but it worked out. Luckily Jake and Kami brought their 4-wheeler, to keep them occupied during the really loud guns. And I kept them entertained in our van for awhile with some snacks. Yep, we tested out the all-wheel-drive in the minivan by driving it up the mountain. We probably added some dents and dings, but it survived.
 

 I was forced into a shooting competition by Kami. This picture was probably taken around the time that I said, "There's no point in me even shooting, I'm not going to hit anything..." And then I hit a clay pigeon. And another one. Which just goes to show you-if anybody shoots a gun enough times, they will eventually get lucky.

 Even the littles got in on the action with the BB gun and a 22.

 
 
 
Then we had a very nice meal with Josh's family, and I took no pictures :(

No comments: