Thursday, April 16, 2015

Easter #1

The weekend of my 30th birthday was a busy one. A little backstory: for Valentine's Day this year, Josh tried to plan an overnight getaway for us. But he was trying to surprise me until he found out that I was planning to go to dinner with "my Bunco girls." The following week was the 14th, so we figured it would be super busy and more expensive to do anything that day. So we rescheduled for a couple weeks later. Then I ended up getting sick that weekend, and ruined the plans again. Since then, Josh has tried again and again to plan something for just the two of us, and something always seems to come up. My birthday was no different. I told Josh earlier this year that I was turning 30, so he needed to do something cool for me, or I would plan something myself-and it would be expensive. On Friday the 27th, I went to dinner with the sisters in Josh's family, and Saturday the 28th, my Aunt turned 80, so we had a big family party for her, and the 29th-my official birthday was Sunday. And the following week was Easter. So Josh is still holding a grudge against me for going to the Bunco dinner in February, because we have yet to do anything with the two of us for Valentine's Day or my birthday.

It'll happen. I'm not worried. Being too busy doing fun things is not the worst problem to have.

For the big day, it was Fast Sunday-also not the first way I would choose to spend my birthday-although I decided in the end that there was something kind of special about fast Sunday on your birthday. I was also asked to teach the lesson in the Sunday School, and even mentioning that it was my birthday didn't get me out of it! Then we had an Easter Egg hunt with the Anderson family.
 (Courtesy of my sister Bethany.)

 Josh's dad was diagnosed with leukemia in February and spent the month of March at LDS Hospital in Salt Lake, so we were all excited that he could home in time for the Easter egg hunt.
 Meili filled that bucket twice with Easter eggs. Candy is never in short supply with the Anderson family. (It's a good thing too, because Easter candy is my favorite.)


 Grant kind of caught on to finding Easter eggs this year. If he was by himself, he would do really well. But being distracted with so many other things, he really just wanted to open each egg and eat the candy as he went-which slows him down considerably.












In the end, I didn't do anything really out of the ordinary for my birthday, but I spent it thinking about my Savior, and surrounded by really amazing family and friends. I don't think I can really complain about that!

No comments: