The first Friday in April, I went with my brother's family to Baby Animal Days at the American West Heritage Center. Since having kids, this has been one of my favorite traditions each year, but this year might be the last. Or I definitely need to figure out how to do things a little different. It seemed so crowded to me, and we were there for over 2 hours, and my kids did like 4 things-a train ride, pony ride, saw baby cows and goats etc., and... actually right now I can't even think of anything else. We pretty much just stood in line the whole time. Plus, Grant was sick, and I decided to take him with me because he was going to be miserable that day regardless, so I figured I might as well have him outside, and less miserable than he would be at our house. But he was pretty tired by the end, and every time he coughed, I felt the judgement of the world on me. Luckily, Josh got the tickets for free from a connection at work, or I would have been REALLY upset.
I definitely made it sound worse than it actually was, but I definitely will not go next year unless I figure out a different way of doing it.
Grant did like the animals he saw, and he is fearless when it comes to petting anything.
And Meili was a cute litte cowgirl, and of course, loved the pony ride.


No comments:
Post a Comment