This was from a couple weeks ago, when Grant was less than a month old, with his cousin Brayden who was a little over a week old. What a difference a couple weeks makes, right?
I am told everyday how much Grant looks like Josh, so I thought it was only fitting that I get a picture in this outfit that says "Handsome like Daddy."
Seriously... Is that not one of the cutest things you've ever seen? I couldn't resist snapping a shot of the two handsome men in my life doing what they do best.
Proof that Meili's imagination can turn anything into a horse.
Today was Grant's blessing. Can we just start by saying that I am a stresser. As always, I was so worried that he would have a blowout in his diaper, or he would cry through the whole blessing, or that Josh would drop him when all the men left the circle... (Yes, that was actually a concern of mine. We talked about it at Bunco, and apparently it happens. Plus, Grant is not the size of a typical newborn.)
However, overall, I don't think we could have asked for a more perfect day. The blessing was so beautiful, Grant did not cry or mess his pants, Meili was quiet (and with my sister-in-law) so I could actually listen, and we had a nice low-key party afterward with our families. We are so blessed!
(I just have to add, that when I showed Grant to Meili in his blessing outfit, she said, "I like his little bow!" Bow-tie; courtesy of Grandma Raylene.)
A nearly perfect day, with very imperfect pictures. Sadly, this was the best family shot we got. Hey, what can I say? You win some you lose some.
...And we have some serious smiles at our house these days!





No comments:
Post a Comment