Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Miscellaneous

I finally downloaded the pictures off my phone, so these are just random.

In April (I believe) Josh's work hosted an event at the Fun Park. I had to work, but came for just an hour at the end. From the sound of it, Meili had a blast. She played in the Soft Play, went roller skating for her first time, and went bowling for the first time.

 In May, (I believe) a benefit was held for our bishop's granddaughter. Again, Meili was in heaven: a bounce house, play ground, face paint, and cupcakes! What more could you ask for? I just wanted to point out that I actually won a raffle and silent auction item, and I never win anything! Woo hoo!
 The first 2 weeks of June, Meili and I did Mom and Tot swimming lessons. Meili loves swimming, but she got pretty sick of me telling her what to do repeatedly. Oh well! She loved playing in the pool, and jumping in the water over and over, and I have to say that she actually improved quite a bit for two weeks of chaos.


 These pictures are from Summerfest. Meili wasn't so excited about this whole thing until she found out face painting was involved....


 ...and a butterfly balloon!

This last weekend, Josh's priests talked him into competing in a local "Heritage Man" competition. I figured the whole thing would actually be pretty embarrassing (like a beauty pageant for guys), but I was actually pretty impressed with my hubby. There were nine events that about 30 guys competed in (ages 18 and up), and Josh won three of them: a tractor tire roll thing, the 40 yard dash, and a sprint-ladder type exercise that I don't know how to describe.

The only bad news was that he pushed himself so hard on the first few events that by the end, he was SPENT! He critiqued himself all night about what he could have done better. Leave it to Josh to make even a friendly neighborhood game into something competitive. 

I, for one, was super impressed with what he was able to do!



 It got hard keeping Meili occupied the whole time.
 But she took this picture all by herself! (That's better than the millions she usually takes of our feet.)

Josh won the award for "Mr. Trash Talk." He said he didn't really understand why. Right.... Anyone who knows Josh knows exactly why.

Also, this weekend I ran the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay. A team from my ward was having a hard time finding someone a couple months ago, and I am not one to turn down the chance at another Relay.
 Here's our Van 1 at the start line (at 5:45 in the morning!)

And I didn't take my camera out once, so here we are at the finish line!
 This time I opted for a fairly easy leg, as Ragnar goes. So my first leg was 7.7 miles, but it actually wasn't too bad because it was very close to my neighborhood (so I could train for it), and in the morning. 

My second leg was only 3.3 miles, but it was at about 5:00 in the afternoon (which actually was one of the hottest times of the day), so that one was rougher for me than I expected.

My third leg was at about 4 or 5 in the morning, and was also only about 3 miles. It wasn't bad, but I was ready to be done. 

 I always love relays even though I figured that over 60 hours, I probably only slept about 6. Yes, by Saturday night at 10:00, I was pretty much sleeping sitting up.


That's it for us for now!

No comments: