Saturday, June 1, 2013

May

A couple years ago one of my friends from work said that she wanted to start a Bunco group. After (a lot) of teasing, because I said that Bunco was for old ladies, I still agreed to come. 

Thank goodness for that friend, because 3+ years later, our Bunco group is still going strong, and I don't know if I could survive all the dishes, and laundry, and naptimes if I didn't know that once a month, I would have an evening vacation. (Yes, Lacey, that was a nice comment, it was directed at you, and it was on purpose :)

However, we decided that one night a month wasn't enough, so once a year, we have "Destination Bunco," which is a weekend of absolute indulgence in Bear Lake. And it is filled with just about everything girly-except Bunco. (Who has time for Bunco when there is so much relaxing to do.)

The weekend is filled with good food

 Sewing, bow making

Hair tutorials


and nail painting.

 Two days is never enough, but, alas, duty calls.

Jamie, our professional photographer, realized that she was not in a single picture. So, of course, it had to be documented that she and her little man were there.

 There were those of us who went running...

 And those who stayed behind to play games and eat treats. It's tough to tell who had more fun right?

 We all promised that these pictures would never end up posted anywhere, but with so much fun, how could I not document it right? 
Counting down girls... Only 364 days to next year's Destination Bunco!

 Also this month, rather than telling Meili for the hundredth time that we couldn't use the face paint as finger paints, I decided to just paint her face... for no good reason.... and she loved it!

After a long-drawn out process which I will not go into, Meili finally got her big girl bed. Besides one falling out incident, and nap times becoming even more of a challenge in our house, so far so good. 

She loves it, so I guess it's worth it in the end!

I let her pick out her own sheets. 
 What else but princesses of course!

 I finally figured out how to get her to look at the camera and smile-sometimes. So I guess now we are entering the phase of fake smiles that took me the better part of my childhood to outgrow.

And, although the weather hasn't exactly been cooperating, I'm trying my best to get summer here. My friend Lacey and I and one of her friends got out the pool for the kiddos when it was barely 60 degrees outside. But they didn't even notice, they loved it all the same!!


Bring on summer!

3 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

So VERY fun!!! I need a weekend like that... :)

Bryce and Lacey said...

Let it be known that you posted a positive comment about me on purpose :) and I will never ever forget changing your screen saver to old ladies playing bunko.....that was funny.....anyways fun days behind and fun days ahead!

Heather said...

That is awesome! I need to do that!!