I took Meili outside for the first snow of the season. There wasn't even enough to cover the ground, but Meili didn't mind. She loved it!
I don't know how kids instinctively know to eat snow. I'm sure I didn't teach this to her, but she figured it out soon enough, and loved it. Even now, when we talk about snow she says happily, "eat the snow!"If this isn't the ugliest snowman I've ever seen... But it was made with love
I tried showing her how to roll snowballs... Perfect! Even easier to eat a lot of snow quickly.
And then she decided to forego picking it up altogether. It's much easier if you just stick your whole face in the ground. Of course, we can't get her to eat dinner to save her life, but freezing cold, disgusting, pollution filled snow mixed with leaves and dirt, she's all over.
One random day this month, she put most of this ensemble together herself.
And for the most important news of the month... The Aggies are the champions of the WAC in football, and we will be in Boise in a couple weeks watching them win the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl.
On the 24th, they beat Idaho to win the outright title. I don't think you could say the fans rushed the field. More like they slowly mosied onto the field. But hey, what can you expect with most of the students gone for Thanksgiving.
There's Gary Andersen in the middle with the trophy.
I've said for years that I think we have the most beautiful tree in the world. I know that our tree is pretty basic, small, and I am by no means a decorator in any sense of the word, but I'm still partial to our tree.
In following tradition, on the 30th, I went to the Festival of Trees with my mom and sisters (minus Sara). It always seems like madness when all of the nieces get together, but we must enjoy it, because we keep putting ourselves through it. This is Meili next to the Disney tree, with Pooh characters on it. It was so cute to see her getting excited about the different. Sometimes she would jump up and down, hence why this picture is blurry.
Here are Audrey and Chloe by the Grinch tree. If this stranger boy hadn't stepped in the picture you could have also seen Gigi and Meili.
I stood in line for this "bubble machine" with my sister, but I thought Meili would be too scared to stand by herself. The whole time we were in line, Meili kept saying, "Meili try it." "Do the bubble." So we decided to give it a whirl. She did seem a little nervous, but in the end, she loved, and talked about it so much that I had to let her do it again.
In between complete meltdowns, I also let her go fishing.
On the 1st, we all got together to make gingerbread houses at my parents' house. Speaking of complete and total chaos...
My mom made aprons for each of the girls, and they all looked so cute! This is Ruby sporting her apron.
And Shasta
And Meili. What a stinker! I think this might be the most common face she makes for pictures. Nevertheless, the apron is still super cute!
Here is Gigi displaying her house
And Chloe displaying her green lips...and house
I wish you could see Nick's house better. He definitely would have won the award for best craftmanship. He even made a little warming hut next to his house out of wafer cookies.
This is my one and only nephew on my side of the family, Jackson. Bless his soul, being surrounded by all of these crazy girls.
And here is "Meili's" church. She contributed a total of 3 smarties on the roof, between eating treats and getting into mischief. But I love little Shasta in the corner eyeing the treats.
The tree's up, stockings are hung, I've done most of my shopping, and we already lost the baby Jesus. Let the celebrating begin!












1 comment:
I can't believe how big Meili is! Time flies! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas :)
P.S. I think your tree looks great!
Post a Comment