Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Month of October

In October...
Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies-Check
Make Pumpkin Pie-Check
Holiday Pumpkin Craft
Check

 (Random Picture. I am trying desperately to get family pictures taken and the weather and scheduling conflicts are interfering. But I tried curling Meili's hair one day. Can we all just agree that she is beautiful?)


Pumpkin Walk









Check!
 I've lived in Cache Valley for 9 years, and this was my first time going to the Pumpkin Walk. Totally impressed! The weather in Cache Valley for the most part has been beautiful, but of course, that day, it rained and even snowed a little. So instead of taking family pictures that day, we got a roof leak instead. Awesome!

Make Halloween sugar cookies...



 Check! (Meili decorated this one all by herself.)

 Such a cute little spook!

Carve pumpkins...
 (Josh's)


 (Mine)


Halloween Party with friends...

 Check! 
The Girls of Bunco (that could be what we name our band someday :) had a Halloween party with our families. Josh and I always put off picking out our Halloween costumes, so we end up assembling something from our closets. I am "random athlete" (the Jersey is volleyball, but I had one person ask me if I ran cross country, and one person ask me if I played soccer-so who knows) and Josh is Matt Harpring...or Elder Harpring. (Someone at the party said that's what his grandma calls Harpring and I thought that was funny!)

Even with all the things I tried to cram into October, there were still a couple things that are just going to stay on the list for next year I guess, such as Gardner Village. 

This month, Meili is getting more and more into singing, which I love. And from the beginning of October on, she knew that she is now two. The doctor mentioned that she would be getting more and more independent, and I swear, when we left the room, he taught her how to say, "Meili do it," cause she says it all the time now.

Speaking of doctor's appointment, she now weighs 24.8 lbs (26%) and is 34 inches (58%). That's the most "normal" she even been! I guess it pays to eat Halloween treats all month!


No comments: