Even though it's only been a little over a month since the last post, it seems like I have a lot of catching up to do, and this post probably won't even cover it all.
My family has a tradition of going to Cherry Hill on Labor Day with some of my extended family. So we started the day off with a little mini-golf. Meili, obviously learned her technique from her mother.Even though the picture is not great, many of the people who were there are in the picture.
So cute!
As per tradition, we line all the girls up on the wall, and try desperately to get them to all look at the same time-which is clearly an impossible task.
Also, trying to line them up on the rocks doesn't work either.
Pictures of Meili actually smiling are rare, even though she is a happy child-I promise!
Gigi, Audrey, and Chloe are pro at this whole golfing thing now.
Also this month, Josh's ebay addiction continues on, and he is a sucker for athletic gear at a cheap price. This may be his favorite outfit in the history of the world. (Notice the Yankee logo, and it doesn't hurt that they are warm-ups.)
Ha ha! If you look closely, she is actually saying cheese in this picture. I guess it's time to have the talk about why we say cheese.
This random day in September was a fort-making kind of day. Because, let's face it, we all have children so that we have an excuse to make a fort in the middle of the day on a Wednesday.
But, Meili didn't understand that going over the top wouldn't be as fun as going underneath.
On the 14th, my family, minus 2 went to the Brigham City Temple Open House. It was really cool to be able to take Meili through. I told her that we were going to Jesus' house (I know, not completely true, but Heavenly Father is a hard word for a 2 year old.) At first, I could tell that was a very strange concept for her, but the rest of the tour all I heard was "Je- HOWse."
Again... I don't even know why we try.
In other news... (which has to do with this picture.) Josh started a new job this month. He was offered the branch manager position at the Wells Fargo in Tremonton, which he did for about a month. The same time he was offered that position, he also turned in an application for the branch manager at USU Credit Union. He didn't really think that it was a possibility because there would probably be someone within the organization that would just be promoted. As it turns out, they seemed to really want Josh, and we felt like it would be better for our family right now. He's only been there for a few weeks, and so far it is a big change, but it seems to be going well so far.
Anyway... the reason I mentioned that now, is because Josh wasn't able to go to the Open House with us because that was his first week at work.
The temple is really beautiful, and it has been really cool to see everyone's excitement since the temple is so close.
After the Open House, my mom's side of the family had a family reunion for a couple days in Paradise. This picture is a game where they were supposed to catch a ball from a sling-shot in a big plastic bucket. It was pretty entertaining, and Meili is clearly helping Josh a lot.
I added this picture, so we could remember that Meili currently loves picking dandelions. On walks, she gets distracted very easily by dandelions and rocks. The dead ones she blows all the little white things off.
There was a little pond at our "camp." Ha ha! That picture is awesome.
Sara, Shasta, and Nick in the paddle boat. Shasta is clearly as comfortable as Meili in the life jacket.
Meili with "Damma," and "Poppa," in the paddle boat. Meili has developed an obsession with her family and specifically Grandma and Grandpa. She pretends to talk to them on the phone, every time we get in the car, she thinks we are going to see them, we draw pictures of them multiple times a day, etc. etc. The rest of the reunion was also fun, but it was a lot of talking and eating, and therefore, I didn't take pictures.
On September 28th, Josh's brother, Jake, got married. I, of course, didn't take any pictures of the happy couple. But I got a few of Meili and the kids. Apparently, getting all the kids to look and smile at the same time is not only a Hendricks problem.
Jake and Kami got married in the Brigham City Temple and we heard rumors that their's was the very first sealing in the temple-which I thought was cool.
A note about Meili's hair... I had no idea how to do it, and decided to try something new the day of-which I still think would have been cute had I taken the time to really do it, but the day didn't go as planned for many reasons. However, Josh said it looked like she was going to Girl's Camp. And yes, I can see his point.
Hair issues aside, she is clearly beautiful, right? Yes, I take pictures of Meili constantly, and of course, Jensen gets the best picture of the post.Can I say that we are excited about Halloween at our house?
Other updates...
My three favorite things of the month: Meili started saying "Yeah." I have heard the word "no" constantly all day, everyday for 18 months, so the word "yeah," is like music to my ears. I especially love it, because she always says it very casually: "Meili, will you put on your shoes?" "Yeah." I guess you have to be there.
Meili also has started helping to say prayers. She has folded her arms for awhile now, and she always says amen. To tell you the truth, it didn't even dawn on me to have her do more than that. But Josh started coaching her on what to say so now she says "Bless food" (regardless of the time of day) "Bless Momma," "Bless Daddy," etc. Some of my favorites though are that today she blessed every single Pooh character individually, she has blessed the moon and the pumpkinheads (Jack-o-Lanterns). Someday we will correct her, but for now, I just laugh tight-lipped.
She has also started saying thanks. Hallelujah! But it's so cute, because she says it really often without being prompted. Probably 10 times yesterday, I heard her say, "Tinks Momma."
I'll think of more later and do another post, but for now, it's time for bed.










No comments:
Post a Comment