Thursday, December 22, 2011

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl

Anyone who is reading this, I'm sure is already aware that the Aggies lost their bowl game :( So I won't dwell on it a ton. But we did end up going, and I'm really glad that we did. It was a lot of fun, and the game was...good except the last 2 minutes. There ended up being a smorgasbord of people that we went with. Josh drove in a car with his friend Jonny, his brother Jake, and Jake's friend Kami. I drove in a car with myself and Meili, my parents, my brother and his wife, daughter, and dog. We left Saturday the 17th at about 10 in the morning and got to Boise about an hour before the game. After the game, we ate dinner at Cheesecake Factory and left the next morning. My car stopped at Shoshone Falls on the way home-which was beautiful!
The players as they were coming on the field
Josh, Meili, and I. Look at how cute her hat is-made by my talented friend, Hope. Our tickets were pretty good-we were on the bottom level on about the 20 yard line. Luckily for us, most of the action happened right in front of us.

Spuddy Buddy: the mascot for the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl

This is the view from where Josh was sitting
Kami, Jake, Josh, Meili, Nelson, and Jonny

The good news about the game...
-The Aggies played really well, and dominated most of the game.
-It was cold, but not as cold as I thought it was going to be-and warm enough that we were able to take Meili with us.
-We supported the Aggies in their first bowl game in a long time.
-The Aggies won more games this year than the last 3 years Josh played combined.

The bad news...
-The Aggies lost.
-In my (very humble, uneducated) opinion, it wasn't the players fault that they lost-which was the part that sucked the most for me. When Josh played, we were always able to say that the O-line didn't block well enough, or the quarterback made poor decisions, or they had stupid penalties. I felt like we lost this game, purely by conservative coaching and play calls.
-It came down to the last 2 minutes-which was the story in about 9 or 10 of the games this year, and one of these days, that is going to be the death of me.
-It was still cold.

I'm still so glad we went, and excited for next year. Go Aggies!

No comments: