Saturday, September 3, 2011

Man vs. Mud

Yeah, I signed up for a mud run. You may think I'm crazy, but I thought it was pretty fun and would totally do it again!
Here's our team, Knee Deep, looking all nice and clean!
And our names on the backs of our shirts
The first and last obstacle was a slippery slide. And there were a couple more in between. This first one, I almost flipped all the way around, the next one I didn't get a running start so I was SUPER slow, the next one, I went head first and got a mouthful of mud (yuck!) and the last one-well you'll see the result...later :)
These were like balloon punching bags.
And, yeah... all muddy going over the haystacks. There were a few of those, and they're a lot harder with 10 lbs of mud in your shoes!
Jumping into a whole bunch of mud. You may think, "That looks like water." Nope. Mud. I was mad because the balloons that we're swimming by are like the Big Balls on Wipeout, and I was really looking forward to trying that, but they were broken :(

Nope, we're not done yet! Just waiting in line because someone broke their leg on the last slip-n-slide.
And the firefighters thought it was funny to spray us with freezing cold water while we waited. I DID NOT THINK IT WAS FUNNY!
See! Don't mess with me when I'm freezing, muddy, and tired!
The last slip-n-slide. Take particular notice of the mud pool at the end. That was the killer.
Now I'm done.
The man at the top gave me a final warning to close my eyes and mouth before I hit the mud. Do you think it helped?
Me with my cousins Mandi, and Jessica. Thanks for the invite guys! It was a blast! Also, thanks to mom and dad for coming up, supporting, and watching Meili!

3 comments:

Hope said...

That looks stinking fun!!! Wish I was there!

The Green Family said...

I am so glad you did it with us! Check out the video on Facebook that Jess posted. It shows why you are SO muddy!!

Heather said...

That looks like so much fun! And your relay looks like it was a blast too!