One week she started pulling herself from laying down to sitting, and then all of a sudden she was pulling herself up on everything. She also tries to climb on everything. Even if she is already at the top of the back of the couch, she is still determined to climb more.
The computer. Every time either Josh or I try to get on the computer, Meili looks at us with a big smile on her face like, "Oh is that for me?" And then it's no holding her back after that. She is determined. This particular instance, Josh's face was the only obstacle in her way, and it didn't even slow her down. She has learned how to do some things that even Josh and I didn't know our computer did, and somehow she renamed our hard drive to "nn g fmmuim." I think it works!
She is now crawling for real. Luckily, she's still not super fast, and she takes a lot of breaks, so I can still keep an eye on her most of the time.
And we've started feeding her pretty much everything we eat (except the forbidden foods of course.)
So, onto the pictures... I'm sure someday Meili will meet a boy that she will fall desperately in love with, but for right now there is only one love in her life. And no other person or toy or food can get in the way of that love...
Meili also went to her first parade. The Pioneer Day parade in Bountiful. Me, being the first time mother that I am, I was worried that she would be super tired, or the sirens would bother her, or she would get burned, or be super hot. But it went pretty well. There was so much to entertain her, that I didn't even really think about it. As you can see from the picture, she was super hot, but she didn't seem to mind.
As for stats for nine months:
As for stats for nine months:She weighs 15.94 lbs. (How depressing...I thought for sure she would be 17 or 18, and even though she's basically 16 lbs, just hearing that 15 made me feel like a failure as a mother. And, don't you worry, Josh made sure to tell me that we're not feeding her enough.) She's in the 7th percentile for her weight, but the doctor said that he's not worried about it, because most kids slim down at this age, she's still really active, and she's sleeping through the night, so she's obviously getting enough nutrition.
And she is 28 1/2 inches tall which is the 80th percentile-so her height has slowed down a little.
3 comments:
You can't be a failure of a mother by .06 pounds. Next time just add a bigger bow in her hair. That's the only thing they don't make you take off (and the diaper of course). She smiles like crazy, loves to move and learn and grow, and is computer-literate. Sounds like a great mom to me.
Agree with Bethany! :) I still can't believe she is 9 months old!! is it even possible for us to have a family yet?!
I JUST WANT TO GRAB HER AND SMOOCH HER!!!! She's such a doll. I just miss you guys! Looking forward to our party soon! :)
Post a Comment