Sunday, March 6, 2011

4 Months

Don't you hate it when people have a baby, and then that's all they talk about on their blog? I know, it's so annoying.
But, until Josh and I start doing things again, Meili is the only one in the house doing anything noteworthy. (And by that I mean that she ages by 1 month every month.)

Her new favorite trick is standing. You wouldn't know it by the picture, but she usually smiles when she's standing.
These pictures were taken on Valentine's Day. I was trying to take a cute picture to send Josh for Valentine's Day, and she honestly wasn't being very cooperative.
She's still loving sucking all over her hands.

This next picture is called, "Daddy Dressed Me Today." (Notice the pink polka dot socks) Someday I will recreate the other little ensemble he had her in the other day.
When I questioned him about it, he said that she picked out the socks herself. And the onesie and pants match, because the onesie has deer on it, and you shoot the deer when you're wearing camo pants.
This is her new toy. As you can tell, she's still a little small-hence, the pillow behind her back supporting her. She really just doesn't know what to think about it at this point, and definitely doesn't understand that she can stand up in it.
Look at that face!!!! How can you not love that?
And to quote Brian Regan, "How do I get that goodness in me?" (She gets pretty frustrated in the toy, because she can't figure out how to get any of it in her mouth. The first time we put her in she just started sucking on the seat.)
Whoa! Deer in Headlights!
At her doctor's appointment on Thursday, she weighed 12 lbs. 12 oz. (31st percentile) and was 25 inches long (90th percentile) which means that she is still gaining one pound and one inch every month. The doctor said that she must be putting forth all her energy into getting tall, and that's why she's still skinny. He said that she'll have the perfect build to be a track athlete. (And Daddy smiled from ear to ear.)
She had her first experience with rice cereal last night and she was not interested at all. (She's usually not interested in eating period, so a spoon just means that she has more control over not letting it in her mouth.) Other milestones... she is getting better at grabbing things, still hasn't figured out rolling from back to tummy, and yesterday, I heard her first fully legitimate laugh! This last week, we also survived our first (of many, I'm sure) ear infections.
...And the very best news about being 4 months old... Meili's blocked tear duct seems to have cleared up. (By the way, I am knocking on every piece of wood in our house right now.) We haven't wiped goobers out of her eye in over a WEEK (and anyone who has known Meili, knows why that is such an accomplishment in our house.) YEA!!!

6 comments:

Ryan and Erin said...

I was laughing out loud while reading about Josh dressing her! Thanks for making my day!!

Sara said...

Nick and I found this post very humurous. Love Josh's idea of a matching outfit and his logic behind it. Unfortunately, Nick says he'll probably do the same things. Then he corrected himself and said she'll just wear dark blue anytime he dresses her. Guess I'll need to keep a schedule handy so Nick and be in charge of dressing her on game days!

Sara said...

Dang it. I even proof read it before posting and still had a mistake. It was supposed to say "guess I'll need to keep a schedule handy so Nick *CAN* be in charge of dressing her on game days"!

Cherilee said...

Or a model!

Bethany said...

I always have to dress the girls or lay something out for them when I'm not there to dress them. The last time this happened though, I had it all worked out and when I met Ryan at his work, Audrey had no jacket and it was snowing outside. I asked him if he forgot a jacket and he said, "if it wasn't laid out, she wasn't wearing it." Like it's my fault. If they aren't leaving the house then they stay in pajamas all day. So Josh at least gave it a try.
By the way, Kennedy has the exact same chair. I wish I could have given you ours. I love where she's trying to get it in her mouth!

Randy and Raylene said...

What a beautiful girl! She is so lucky to have two doting parents, who want to be so involved in her life!! I'll have to start looking for another deer shirt for when she outgrows that one. And I'm thrilled about her tear duct!