Already, from the title, you may be thinking that this post may fall into the category of too much information. If you are thinking that, you are correct. But Josh passed a very big milestone a couple of weeks ago, and has shared this story with quite a few people. After he told his entire family yesterday, they all requested that we post it on the blog. So I'm just doing as I'm told. However, if you are thinking you want to skip this post because it may be graphic, you would be right in assuming that, and you are more than welcome to go ahead and skip it.
A couple weeks ago, Josh started feeling a little sick. He had the exact same symptoms as his brother and sister-in-law, who went to the doctor and were told that they had a sinus infection. In addition, Josh comes from a family of nurses, nurse practitioners, medical assistants, and soon-to-be pharmacists, so he decided to go to the doctor-not to find out what was wrong with him, but to get a prescription for an anti-biotic. Needless to say, he got a little more than he bargained for.
According to Josh, his doctor's visit went a little like this. Josh went to the doctor and told him that he was congested, and he had been coughing etc. Then the doctor asked him for a little more background information, and Josh told him that he has a herniated disc in his back that he had had some work done on. Before the words were even out of his mouth, Josh had a FULL BODY examination, including testing for hernias, blood work, and yes, a prostate exam. To make matters worse, (not that being taken advantage of, and being violated wasn't bad enough,) the doctor told him that his sickness was a virus, and, therefore, he couldn't use any drugs for it. But to look on the bright side, most people have to wait until they are 40 or 50 before they get to experience this, and Josh just got an early start.
The next week, Josh went back into the same doctor, and was given a prescription for the anti-biotic he wanted in the first place, and a prescription for a "lingering" sinus infection. (Lingering only because it wasn't treated right the first time.)
So it was an experience that, I'm sure as hard as he tries, Josh will never forget.
4 comments:
Good to know. Congratulations Josh.
Thank goodness everything is ok! I guess some doctors have a different way of checking the tonsils (Joke)
hey! i'm sorry for the scare. i'm glad everything is okay! we miss you guys! give me a call sometime, i'd love to hear how you guys are!
I'm excited that we can still be friends through blogging atleast. I miss our ward a ton. I'm really really really excited that you're going to run the marathon. You are going to love it. I will be there cheering you on. 2 of my sisters are running it, and I know Amy Gardner is running it too. Awesome! Let me know if I can help you with anything or if you're nervous at all about the run.
Post a Comment