That night we went to the fireworks, and hopefully I might put pictures of that on here someday. The next morning, we woke up at the crack of dawn (okay, like 7) to run the Honeyville 5K, which is basically the one event that haunts me all year. But this year I felt like I could run at least pretty well. My goal was to beat Josh, because this will be the only year EVER that I will be able to beat Josh. And I did! :) He was really great to me, because he paced me at the beginning, and made sure that I was running a good pace, then, about half way through he told me that if he started to slow down, I should just keep up my pace. (I didn't believe him that that would ever happen, but sure enough, he slowed down, I kept running, and he congratulated me at the end.) (Since he was so great, I couldn't rub it in so much that I beat him.) I got second in my age category for the girls, and Josh got third for his age category for the boys. So I would say a job well done for the both of us!
Immediately after the 5K, we, with some of Josh's family headed out to drive to South Dakota. On the way, we stopped at Martin's Cove in Wyoming, which was one of the places that the Mormon Pioneers stopped on their trek, and one of Josh's ancestors was in the company there. The pictures are of Josh and I pushing handcarts.
Then we drove for a very long time, stayed the night in Rapid City, South Dakota, and the next morning went to Mount Rushmore!
1 comment:
SEE?! NOW BLOGGING IS FUN! :) I loved that post! i was wondering when you were going to post pictures of your exciting 4th of july! that's so cool you got to see that! and good job on the 5k...you got second...out of how many?! :) jk! oh by the way...kev and i have been talking about the pranks that we have done and remember all of our April Fool's tricks! haha..remember the tire, kevin's clothes, jake's bed, tyler's tire?! hahaha MEMORIES ARE THE BETS!
Post a Comment