This was one of the city's displays. I thought it was a clever idea.
Another tradition is going to Cherry Hill with my family on Labor Day. For some reason we feel it necessary to try to take all the kids miniature golfing together in an effort to test our patience and the patience of everyone around us. Someday, we will all be able to go out in public as adults and not embarrass ourselves, and we will probably long for these days that seemed so chaotic in our lives. This was the first year that I truly felt like there was no one who even attempted to keep score. We were all just on a mission to finish without losing any of the children.
With Josh's company, we had the chance to go to Rocky Mountain Raceway and do some drag racing. I'll admit that I was terrified to begin with... until I got in the car and realized that it was just driving-only faster. Josh and I raced three times and I (ahem) beat him twice. Then they had everyone race each other, and Josh and I both got eliminated the first round. What can I say? We are just both such cautious drivers, that it's hard to be so reckless. :) (Right... That's why.)
The best part was just getting to be the two of us again, and not being parents for a little while. Every time Josh and I go on a date (if that's what we are calling work parties these days), I think to myself, "Oh yeah. I do like you."
Just a random day at the park that my kids were acting especially cute.
The older Grant gets, the more he steals my heart. Meili and I were talking one day, and she struggles with the idea of marriage. For about a year, she was convinced that she was going to marry Shasta in the temple. So we talked about all the reasons that that can't happen. So then just lately she asked if she could marry Grant, and I said, "No. You can't marry Grant, because he's your brother." And then I added, "And besides, if anyone in this family is marrying Grant, it's me." Yeah, someday, he'll think that story is totally gross. But I'm telling you, right now, he'd go for it.
Yes. I'll admit it. Life is not bad with these two.
This may only be hilarious to me. But Meili made a little strip of paper for each person in our family, and drew pictures of all the things that each of us love. This little scene, was part of Josh's strip. Yes, that is Meili, smiling, sitting behind Josh, while he's laying down, watching TV. Yep, that is life through Meili's eyes. (And her depiction is uncanny.)Grant got in to some of my lipstick. Let me tell you: that stuff was Perm.A.Nent.
Another event Josh was privy to because of his work... A car dealership was hosting a hoopla to show off their new location. So Meili got her face painted, played on some bounce houses, we ate some hot dogs, ice cream, and popcorn...
Josh won a $50 gift card in a pie eating contest. I'll say Way to Go for him, but for me? No thank you.
Just a random picture of Meili that shows her beautiful face.
More pictures from mini-golf.











No comments:
Post a Comment