This year, Josh and I had to split up "fair duty." He was working during the day, and I taught a class that night. So I took Meili on the rides during the day with Josh's brother Jared and his wife Amy. Then Josh went back with the kids that night for the rodeo and seeing all the animals. The above picture is actually backwards. We got food right before we left, and those kids were hungry! Meili devoured this scone that was the size of her head. And Grant got so sick of waiting for me to get him food, that he just went and sat down with another family that was eating pizza!
Meili has been spoiled the last couple years with the unlimited pass at the fair. Someday we won't get one, and then we will have to explain to her that we would have to mortgage our house for her to be able to ride the rides at the fair.
But, we'll enjoy it while it lasts.
Grant, on the other hand, was not such a happy camper when he realized that he was not going to be able to ride on anything, no matter how many times he asked. I beg you, Fair organizers, please (with a cherry on top) have just one ride available for the little ones. I will sign a release that if they fall out of the train going one mile per hour, I will not sue. I will ride with him. I will pay for myself to go with him. Just let the child on a ride! I finally convinced the man operating the carousel to let Grant ride as long as I went with him (which I really don't think is that much to ask), but by that time, Grant was kind of over it, and I thought that if I took him on it, the water works would start all over again. So we just survived, with quite a few tears, and a lot of longing gazes from the fence.
In case you're wondering, it's way more fun to go to the fair with my nephew William. He is excited about everything. And half the fun for him is calling your name and waving throughout the entire ride.
And, of course, Meili was decked out in her "fair attire."



No comments:
Post a Comment