Month 3 in our house has been much better than month 2. We go through these stages with Grant. I feel like I have him figured out and then he throws me a curve ball, I freak out, call the doctor, throw my arms in the air and say, "I don't know what to do with this child!" and it's as if he hears me and promises to be good, because then things go well for a little while. (I hope that the cycle continues that he listens when I have no idea what to do with him anymore.) For now, he eats really well, and usually wakes up once, maybe twice at night, and then goes right back to sleep, and his pattern during the day is that he is awake for an hour, takes an hour nap, awake for an hour, takes an hour nap. All day long. Yes, I would love longer naps, but he's pretty easy to put down for naps, and when he starts to get grumpy, I know it won't be long before he's asleep, so I don't freak out.
We're doing good right now.
And I survived the busiest month that I've had up to this point at this job. Note to self: Don't schedule your busiest month, two months after you have a baby. We were all pretty much on the brink of a disaster all month long. But we all survived.
Meili had another dance recital at a Senior Center, and I, of course, couldn't get my camera to work right, so the pictures are not great-story of my life.
But Meili was as cute and as distracted as ever :) I love my little dancer!
Grant just gets cuter and cuter. Thank goodness he's got some of his hair back! I always say that he operates in extremes. He is either sleeping, eating, crying, or smiling and cooing. He rarely just sits there content. But the smiling is so fun! And his smiles, when he does smile, are bigger than Meili's were.
Meili's final recital was the 28th of March. I was more excited than she was, until she found out that there was makeup involved, and then she was so excited to put sparkles on her eyes.
And she was distracted, as always. In fact, leave it to my child to be telling everyone else what to do while she is simultaneously not listening herself. But Josh and I smiled the whole time!
Meili went to Baby Animal Days 3 different times this year, and it still wasn't enough.
We had a major meltdown caused by these Shetland ponies, but nothing we couldn't recover from.
I think Meili rode these horses 5 times that I know of, and it still wasn't enough. She didn't need the baby bears, just riding horses all day long.
Oh, and Shasta, she needs her too!
We were doing sidewalk chalk, and I outlined my hand, and started to write Mom and then I was going to do the same with Meili. Meili said, "I already wrote your name over here." So she showed m and I wanted to cry, but instead, I drew a big square around it and took a picture. I'm so proud!
Last week, Meili started soccer. If you think I was excited about dance, you should have heard Josh when it comes to soccer. He said, "Does she need cleats, does she need shin guards? We have to get her a ball so she can practice in the backyard. What clothes does she need?" etc. etc.
Soccer is a little more natural for Meili than dance because she loves running. At this point, she's not aggressive enough for "herd ball" though. (If you've ever watched 3 year old soccer, you know what I'm referring to.)
This was when Meili followed the ball onto the wrong court, and just kept playing. And I didn't even stop her because I was laughing so hard and trying to take a picture. Notice that everyone else is either green or grey and then there is the one lone black shirt. 3 year old soccer is entertaining if nothing else.
First soccer game = first soccer injury :(
It wasn't even related to the game. She was running over to see me, tripped, hit her face on Grant's carseat, and bit her lip in the process. It was SO sad! And I wasn't familiar with the rec center, and I had no idea what to do. Meili has never had anything swell on her before, so I think it was so weird for her and she just kept showing me her lip, because she knew something was wrong and was freaking out. I felt so bad for her, but she was a trooper and still wanted to go play again 2 days later. I couldn't even convince her to get ice cream or something. She just wanted ice.

This is what it looked like the next day. Most people just ask her if she drew on herself or something.
And, last but not least, we made our mandatory Easter cookies, and Meili decided to dance in the flour on the counter. (Don't worry, we didn't make any more cookies after her feet had been on the counter.)
Check out our cute little baker!














2 comments:
I'm glad things are looking up more and more!
Well I just realized that I haven't looked at a blog in a LONG time. So thinking I was actually going to go to bed a little earlier, I opened your page and here I am...almost an hour later! dang it! lol oh well...I am glad I am all caught up!! I first have to say, your family is beautiful. (and no, I am not just saying that to make you feel better!) :) Seriously...I can't stop staring at Grant's pictures! He is such a gorgeous baby! (Even if he has been high maintainence, at least he is cute!) :) Anyway, I'm sorry it's been rough but you are an awesome Mom and I am so happy for you guys! We need to come up to Logan (I know, i've said that how many times?!) But we are really wanting to this summer to go camping and such so we'll have to catch up! I miss you! Love you!!
Post a Comment