I've already told this story to several people, so if you've heard it, feel free to skip ahead. I just want to write it down, so I would remember to put it in the scrapbook.
Anyone who's spent time with Meili lately, knows that she loves to sing-especially I Am a Child of God, and she's pretty good at it. Last week, in Sacrament Meeting, she didn't know the sacrament hymn, so she decided to sing I Am a Child of God instead. After the hymn, and after the prayer, while they were passing the sacrament, Meili continued singing I Am a Child of God. Very loudly. For the whole congregation to hear. No matter how many times her parents tried to distract her or shush her.
In fact, during one of the talks, the speaker said, "...and when Meili was singing I Am a Child of God..."
How embarrassing.
And that wasn't all...
I let Meili bring markers to church, but the rule in our house with markers is always that she can only use one at a time so that things don't get out of hand. On this particular Sunday, she didn't want to follow that rule, so I ended up having to take her out in the hall for a little time out. We were sitting about three rows from the front, and as we're walking back to our seat (coming in from the doors in the front) Meili says loudly (because, of course, whispering is not an option for Meili), "Hi Josh! My daddy's name is Josh. I listen to my Mommy and Daddy."
Throughout the rest of the block, people continually came to me to tell me how funny Meili is, and how much they enjoyed her solo.
No comments:
Post a Comment