Apparently I wrote the blog post about Meili's obsessions a couple months early. We had no idea what was in store for us. This month she was introduced to Winnie the Pooh and ever since our house has turned into 24 hour Pooh-mania. As soon as Meili wakes up in the morning she asks for Pooh, every time she is in the room with the TV, she makes herself at home in the Cuddle Bag, and continually calls "Pooh," until I acknowledge her, if we don't turn on Pooh, she turns the TV on herself (but that's all she knows how to do so far), when we pull the car in the garage, she automatically believes that we will watch Pooh, and the only books she will read anymore are Pooh books-luckily we have about 10. I've been trying to limit her to one Pooh movie a day-and sometimes I do better than other. It's just so hard when she comes to me with her wide eyes, cute circle mouth, and optimistic tone saying "Pooh." It's also hard because this month I learned how much I can get done while she watches Pooh.
On to other news, Meili got to go swimming a few times this month-once at my parent's house for our Mother's Day celebration, once at Josh's nephews first birthday party, and a couple times in our backyard. She is also obsessed with water. Every time I do the dishes, clean anything or wash my hands, she believes it is necessary for her to play in the water.
I'll break up the pictures with my Mother's Day story. For Mother's Day, I told Josh I wanted a shopping spree-which I went on, then he got me flowers and an alarm clock. (There's a story behind that that I won't go into.)
In church, Josh asked all the Young Men to write a letter to their moms. So he helped Meili with hers...
In church, Josh asked all the Young Men to write a letter to their moms. So he helped Meili with hers...
Mom,
I love you so much.
I love it when you sing to me.
I love it when you read stories to me.
I am so glad Heavenly Father sent me to you.
Thank you for being so patient with me when I won't eat any food.
I am so happy that I get to spend my whole day with you.
Momma, I love you.
Love, Meili Baby
Then, she colored it as only Meili can do and Josh traced her hand for her, because she believes that's necessary on any picture she colors now.
The only problem with all this water play is that she loves drinking the water-especially bath water-and it will put me in my grave someday.
Isn't she so cute in her swimming suit?
Some of the new developments this month are:Good news-She is so easy to put down for naps now. Before she would cry for at least a couple minutes, now she just lays down, smiles and says, "night night."
Bad news-She's getting better at climbing, and is now on our counter heighth table and chairs the minute I leave the room.
And this is the story behind the title...
I went to Bear Lake with my Bunco girls for the weekend. I, of course, missed Meili and Josh like crazy. Saturday night, Meili was busy as ever and just jabbering. I don't know what she was saying but it sounded like "happy too... hap hap happy too... happy too..." I just decided to go with it so when she came to me and said, "Happy too?" I decided that it meant that she was telling me that she was happy I was home and asking me if I was too.
So yes, Meili, I'm happy too.






3 comments:
What a sweet Mother's Day! And a sweet family! That girl is so cute! Noah is going to be the death of me, too, drinking bath water. Nasty...
so cute! yes..that swimsuit is darling! you crack me up...i don't mind the bath water...unless she poos in it or pees...then that is sick. but i would rather her do that then lick her snot. that is sick. lol we're coming up to logan for a reunion in july...we HAVE to see you guys!
That is way cute! I love that she loves Winnie the Pooh! It is better than so many other cartoon characters out there. I have a hard time imagining many other things that are cuter than little girls in their swimsuits. Maybe Winnie the Pooh :) For Mother's Day in our ward they had all the kids fill out some random questions about their moms. I learned that my favorite food is "stuff that's good" and that I am good at "cleaning up." Yours is better!
Post a Comment